Amref Health Africa was founded in 1957 and has since grown to become the largest African-based international health development organisation; currently implementing more than 180 projects, reaching more than 40 million people across 35 African countries, and has a staff complement of over 2,000. Headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, Amref Health Africa has offices in nine countries in Africa – Ethiopia, Guinea (Conakry), Kenya, Malawi, Senegal, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia. An additional eleven advocacy and fundraising offices are located in Europe and North America.
Amref Health Africa is driven by its vision of ‘Lasting health change in Africa’ and its mission ‘To catalyze and drive community-led and people-centred health systems while addressing social determinants of health’. We believe that the power to transform Africa’s health lies within its communities, and therefore strive to ensure that health systems are not only functional but that communities are empowered to hold these systems accountable for the delivery of quality and affordable health care.
The recently adopted 2023 – 2030 corporate strategy sets out a large aspiration for the offices in Europe and North America to grow, especially their annual unearmarked funding contribution to Headquarters. The Global Fundraising Development Office (GFDO) is a part of Amref’s HQ and has been set up to support our fundraising offices. GFDO is currently looking for a creative multimedia professional to take on the newly established role of Fundraising Content Editor.
The Fundraising Content Editor produces multimedia content (high-quality video and photo content), organizes the digital asset library and works with the Fundraising Content Manager on post-production and internal distribution of compelling and persuasive stories about the communities that Amref is serving.
- Assist in the content production of fundraising and communication content for European and North American offices;
- Creatively edit new and existing videos/photos using editing software i.e. Final Cut/Premier Pro and the other Adobe Suite Software for purposes of fundraising;
- Develop motion graphics/templates to support our fundraising and branding activities, simplify messaging and improve our storytelling;
- Continuously discover and implement new editing and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency;
- Support with overall management of digital asset library to ensure compliance and ease of storage and retrieval for fundraising and communication purposes. Ensure that all assets in digital library are well captioned, and organized with relevant metadata;
- Ensure timely distribution of developed materials to relevant offices;
- Proactively engage with the fundraising and communication colleagues and make recommendations;
- Championing ethical storytelling and honouring the dignity of the people in our stories;
- Other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Education and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to film, photography or broadcasting, such as communications, filmmaking, digital editing, cinematography, 3D animation and visual effects
Required Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in editing high-quality video content
- Experience in organizing a digital library for ease of identification and retrieval
- Hands-on experience with editing software including Final Pro, Adobe software, specifically Adobe Premiere Pro / Adobe After Effects / Adobe Photoshop
- Digital marketing mindset, curiosity and knowledge of video content production and communication
- The ability to take our often-complex health interventions and communicate them in a compelling, approachable and persuasive way.
- Experience in digital film and sound production, camera operation and lighting would be an advantage
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and translate ideas into complete projects
- Customer service orientated with a positive attitude and eagerness to help
- Critical thinking with strong creative, and artistic skills
- Storytelling and project management skills
- Meticulous, attention to detail
- Proactivity, adaptability, flexibility
- Intercultural and ethical awareness
- Interpersonal skills and networking
- Integrity, discretion and confidentiality
- Good teamwork skills
- Ability to work autonomously
How to apply
Interested? Please visit our website https://bit.ly/4012XCJ to make your application. You will be directed to our online portal where you will need to create an account in order for you to be able to submit your application. Your application should include a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV (with links to completed film productions included) outlining relevant skills and experience. The closing date will be March 31, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and has not retained any agent in connection with recruitment. Although Amref may use different job boards from time to time to further spread its reach for applicants, all open vacancies are published on our website under the Vacancies page and on our official social media pages. Kindly also note that official emails from Amref Health Africa will arrive from an @amref.org address.
Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.